"Named Pipes Provider: The network path was not found" error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by xz, Jan 20, 2005.

  1. xz

    xz Guest

    I just installed Visual web dev. 2005 beta 1. I've never used the lite
    SQL server 2005 database, so I decided to try it out. From the Visual
    web dev. I selected 'create new sql server database' from data
    connections (on the rt hand side). I tried both using windows NT
    integrated security, & also specifying a userid & password... nothing
    works. When I hit OK, it gives an error "Named Pipes Provider: The
    network path was not found".

    I checked and made sure that the SERVER service was running. It is. The
    only thing I disabled was Messenger, Indexing, Routing & Remote Access,
    Help & Support & Error Reporting Service. I don't think lacking any of
    those services would produce this error? Anyone else have any ideas.

    Maybe this product, Visual Web Dev (beta 1), is just buggy and doesn't
    allow you to create a new database?

    Thanks, Jason Shohet

    xz, Jan 20, 2005