NameError: global name 'Response' is not defined

Lalit

Hi

I am very new to web development. I started with Pylons. I am using
http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/pylons_quick_site.html as reference to
create a sample web page using pylons.

I got stuck up at step 4.3 i.e when modifying controller to "return
Response('<p>firstapp default</p>')"

I am getting error of <type 'exceptions.NameError'>: global name
'Response' is not defined

It seems I am missing some package. I am not really sure. I installed
python 2.5 and through easy_install imported pakages (pylons).

Any clues would be appreciated

Thanks
Lalit

Diez B. Roggisch

Lalit said:
Hi

I am very new to web development. I started with Pylons. I am using
http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/pylons_quick_site.html as reference to
create a sample web page using pylons.

I got stuck up at step 4.3 i.e when modifying controller to "return
Response('<p>firstapp default</p>')"

I am getting error of <type 'exceptions.NameError'>: global name
'Response' is not defined

It seems I am missing some package. I am not really sure. I installed
python 2.5 and through easy_install imported pakages (pylons).

Any clues would be appreciated

Better ask such questions on the Pylons mailing list. Not that it is
inappropriate here - but you will receive better answers because it is
more specialized.

Anyway, I doubt you miss a package - I'd rather guess you miss an
import-statement.

Diez