namespace and subdomain

jason

Hello - pardon the newbie question.

I have an asp.net page that imports custom vb namespace/class from a
vb compiled dll. The code works great when I call the page via the
full IP address and path over the net. IE
http://123.456.789/my/house/go4it.aspx

I've since created a dns A record point to that same server and set up
an IIS header pointing to the same web directory. All my other pages
work fine, except any that imports my custom
namespace/classes/functions:

<%@ Import namespace="mystuff"%>

The error I get error is about webconfig (which has to do with trying
to remotely display debug info. Of course i try the remote call from
server itself the code just works (I guess no issue resolving is why).

The VB source creating the source just has a few imports, the
namespace entry and a few classes/functions. All that code has worked
perfectly until I introduced domain/subdomains.

Thanks for any help or information.

Natty Gur

Hi,

Follow the error instruction to enable displaying error message on
calling clients machine. then post the error that your request
generated.

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

jason

Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'class2' is not defined.

highlight code:

dim yy1 As class2

At the top of that ASPX code I am of course importing my custom
Namespace. And the code does work if I call page with the IP address,
just not with the subdomain.domain.com/file.aspx address.

The namespace is defined a VB compiled DLL as follows:

Namespace xxx

Thanks.

jason

Natty Gur said:
Hi,

do you also make a reference to that assembly that holds class2
definition ?

Not sure I follow - Somewhat new to ASP and VB. How would I do that? beyond

<%@ Import Namespace="xxx"%>
dim yy1 As class2
yy1 = new class2()

Which works perfectly until I try to call it through a domained site name.

Thank you.