    Imports System.Data.SqlClient

    TIA
    Martin
    Martin c, Feb 10, 2004

  2. Microsoft.VisualBasic

    Eliyahu Goldin, Feb 10, 2004

  3. Hi Martin,

    Thanks for posting in the community!
    From your description, you are wondering which namespace to import since
    you'd like to use the "Left" function of classic VisualBasic in VB.NET, yes?

    As for this question, I think Eliyahu's answer is exact the one you want:
    "Microsoft.VisualBasic". Add it in the project's reference list. Then, you
    can use the "Left" as well as many other classic VisualBasic apis. For
    detailed info on "Microsoft.VisualBasic" runtime library , you may view the
    following reference in MSDN:

    #Visual Basic Run-Time Library Members
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vblr7/html/vaoriVBRuntimeLibraryKeyw
    ords.asp?frame=true

    In addition, since you'd like to use the "left" function to do string
    manipulation, would you please also have a look on the System.String class
    in dotnet frame work. The String class also provide may good member methods
    for string manipulation such as "Substring" "Replace" "IndexOf" "Split"
    "Join" ...etc. You may view the following web link for more detailed

    #String Manipulation Example
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconStringManipulation
    Example.asp?frame=true

    Please check out the preceding suggestions. If you have any other
    questions, please feel free post here.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Feb 11, 2004
  4. Hi Martin,

    Have you had a chance to try out the suggestions or have you had any
    further questions? If you need any help, please feel free to post here.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security