Namespace declarations appearing in output.

Discussion in 'XML' started by Mads Orbesen Troest, Apr 19, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    If I have an XSLT sheet transforming elemens from the "myns" namespace
    into xhtml, the "myns" namespace is declared automatically in the
    output xhtml, even if not used. I can't seem to figure out why and how
    to get rid of it.

    The top of my XSLT file:
    <xsl:stylesheet
    xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0"
    xmlns:myns="http://myns.org"

    <xsl:eek:utput
    method="xml"
    version="1.0"
    encoding="UTF-8"
    indent="yes"
    doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"

    doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"
    />

    The generated xhtml file is fine except I'd like to get rid of that
    myns-declaration:

    How do I do that?

    Thanks in advance,
    /\/\\ads Orbesen Troest