Namespace does not exist in VS-generated code

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by John Spiegel, Apr 16, 2004.

  1. John Spiegel

    John Spiegel Guest

    Hi all,

    I used wsdl.exe to create a proxy class that I'm now trying to access from a
    page. When building the project, the using command in the codebehind:

    using System.Web.Services.Protocols;

    is indicating:

    "The type or namespace 'Services' does not exist in the class or namespace
    System.Web."

    I'm using VS 2003 (7.1.3088) and .NET framework 1.1 (1.1.4322) Could it
    somehow be related to an old version of the framework?

    TIA,

    John
    John Spiegel, Apr 16, 2004

  2. The System.Web.Services name space is a separate .dll that expands on the
    System.Web namespace.

    Check your references folder. I suspect it only contains a reference to
    System.Web.

    If this is the case then you need to add the reference to
    System.Web.Services.

    The dll you need to add is: System.Web.Services.dll

    --
    Sincerely,

    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer / Programmer

    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzsche

    S. Justin Gengo, Apr 16, 2004

  3. John Spiegel

    John Spiegel Guest

    And given the manual nature of using wsdl.exe and linking it all up, that
    makes a lot of sense!

    Thanks, again!

    - John

    John Spiegel, Apr 16, 2004