Namespace ins XSL

Discussion in 'XML' started by Michael.Ruehling@t-online.de, May 28, 2008.

    I know I'm a little OT but there seems no other group for it.
    So, I am new to XSL/XML and the sample code
    shown in a book doesn't seem to work (Error-Msg:

    Stylesheet must start either with an 'xsl:stylesheet' or an
    'xsl:transform' element, or with a literal result element that has an
    'xsl:version' attribute, where prefix 'xsl' denotes the
    'http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform' namespace.

    From Microsoft XML-Editor 2007
    where Code is:

    <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
    xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3c.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
    <xsl:eek:utput method="html"/>
    <xsl:template match="BUCH">
    <xsl:for-each select="KAPITEL">
    <H1>
    <xsl:value-of select="UEBERSCHRIFT"/>
    </H1>
    <H3>
    <xsl:value-of select="ZWISCHENUEBERSCHRIFT"/>
    </H3>
    <P>
    <xsl:value-of selct="TEXT"/>
    </P>
    </xsl:for-each>
    </xsl:template>
    </xsl:stylesheet>

    can anyone help me out?

    thanx
    M.

    , May 28, 2008

  2. * wrote in comp.text.xml:
    >Stylesheet must start either with an 'xsl:stylesheet' or an
    >'xsl:transform' element, or with a literal result element that has an
    >'xsl:version' attribute, where prefix 'xsl' denotes the
    >'http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform' namespace.

    ^^

    ><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
    >xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3c.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

    ^^^

    You have "w3c" but you need to have "w3".

    Bjoern Hoehrmann, May 28, 2008

  3. schrieb:
    > Hi,
    > I know I'm a little OT but there seems no other group for it.
    > So, I am new to XSL/XML and the sample code
    > shown in a book doesn't seem to work (Error-Msg:
    >

    > Stylesheet must start either with an 'xsl:stylesheet' or an
    > 'xsl:transform' element, or with a literal result element that has an
    > 'xsl:version' attribute, where prefix 'xsl' denotes the
    > 'http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform' namespace.
    >
    > From Microsoft XML-Editor 2007
    > where Code is:
    >

    > <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
    > xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3c.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

    Is there any white space preceding the code?
    --
    Johannes Koch
    (Te Deum, 4th cent.)

    Johannes Koch, May 28, 2008
  4. Ken Starks Guest

    Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
    > * wrote in comp.text.xml:
    >> Stylesheet must start either with an 'xsl:stylesheet' or an
    >> 'xsl:transform' element, or with a literal result element that has an
    >> 'xsl:version' attribute, where prefix 'xsl' denotes the
    >> 'http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform' namespace.

    > ^^
    >
    >> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
    >> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3c.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

    > ^^^
    >
    > You have "w3c" but you need to have "w3".

    and you have another typo, select spelled wrong, further down.

    Ken Starks, May 28, 2008

    okay I see that. And now it works fine. Thanx a lot.

    M.

    On Wed, 28 May 2008 11:39:47 +0200, Bjoern Hoehrmann
    <> wrote:

    >* wrote in comp.text.xml:
    >>Stylesheet must start either with an 'xsl:stylesheet' or an
    >>'xsl:transform' element, or with a literal result element that has an
    >>'xsl:version' attribute, where prefix 'xsl' denotes the
    >>'http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform' namespace.

    > ^^
    >
    >><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
    >>xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3c.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

    > ^^^
    >
    >You have "w3c" but you need to have "w3".

    , May 28, 2008

    no, there's no white-space preceding the code.

    M.