namespace prefixes in output xml

Hubidubi

Hi,

I would like to generate XML (struts code) from XML with XSL
transformation. I run into problem when I wanted to use tags with
prefixes, like <html:text />.

I included namespace specification to the header:
<xsl:stylesheet version='1.0'
xmlns:xsl='http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform' xmlns:html="struts">

It works, but it also includes namespace information in every tag,
that's not perfect:

ez a teszt

So how can I use the prefixes without the additional namespace
information in the output tags?

Thanks,

Hubidubi

George Bina

Hi,

You can simply iterate on the ancestor or self axes and output the
XPath expressin matching the current element. Below you can find a
sample stylesheet that outputs the XPath expressions matching all the
document nodes.

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:eek:utput indent="yes"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
<xpaths>
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xpaths>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="*">
<xpath>
<xsl:for-each select="ancestor-or-self::*">
<xsl:value-of select="name()"/>
<xsl:variable name="count">
<xsl:number/>
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:text>[</xsl:text>
<xsl:value-of select="$count"/>
<xsl:text>]</xsl:text>
<xsl:if test="position()!=last()">/</xsl:if>
</xsl:for-each>
</xpath>
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>