Namespace Problem? COLMAN.Portal.COLMAN.Portal.Customer.IsPwdTemporary(String strUserName) - Is this

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by webmaster@sanjamar.com, Jun 10, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Is this normal or a Namespace Problem when it duplicates COLMAN.Portal
    2 times?

    Example: COLMAN.Portal.COLMAN.Portal.Customer.IsPwdTemporary(String
    strUserName)

    Here is the full Stack Error:

    Server was unable to process request. --> Object reference not set to
    an instance of an object.

    SOAP Exception StackTrace: at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
    message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean
    asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
    methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at COLMAN.Portal.wsColman.PortalService.IsPwdTemporary(String
    strUserName, String strPwd, Int32 intUserID)
    at COLMAN.Portal.COLMAN.Portal.Customer.IsPwdTemporary(String
    strUserName)

    I can consume this web service fine from my development pc but once
    deployed to the production box I receive these errors on consumption.
    The web service browser Invoke methods work perfectly on production
    box.

    Any ideas would be helpful.

    Tom

    , Jun 10, 2005

    The web service is in namespace COLMAN.wsColman and the consuming web
    application is in COLMAN.Portal. This setup is somehow causing the
    problem. When I create a dummy/test web application with no namespace
    and deploy it, it consumes the web service great.

    Any Ideas?

    Thanks,

    Tom

    wrote:
    > Is this normal or a Namespace Problem when it duplicates COLMAN.Portal
    > 2 times?
    >
    > Example: COLMAN.Portal.COLMAN.Portal.Customer.IsPwdTemporary(String
    > strUserName)
    >
    > Here is the full Stack Error:
    >
    > Server was unable to process request. --> Object reference not set to
    > an instance of an object.
    >
    > SOAP Exception StackTrace: at
    > System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
    > message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean
    > asyncCall)
    > at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
    > methodName, Object[] parameters)
    > at COLMAN.Portal.wsColman.PortalService.IsPwdTemporary(String
    > strUserName, String strPwd, Int32 intUserID)
    > at COLMAN.Portal.COLMAN.Portal.Customer.IsPwdTemporary(String
    > strUserName)
    >
    > I can consume this web service fine from my development pc but once
    > deployed to the production box I receive these errors on consumption.
    > The web service browser Invoke methods work perfectly on production
    > box.
    >
    > Any ideas would be helpful.
    >
    > Tom

    , Jun 14, 2005