    Java :)

    Best,

    Uzair
    Uzair, Apr 22, 2004

  2. Uzair

    Paul Rubin Guest

    (Uzair) writes:
    > Why aren't the names of the modules in the standard library fixed so
    > that they follow some actual naming convention? That is probably the
    > biggest deterrent for new users -- having to dig through several
    > sources to find the module they're interested in. And, as with urllib
    > and urllib2, it isn't even clear at first glance which is more useful
    > and when it should be used...

    The usual convention with things like urllib/urllib2 is that someone
    writes urllib, people use it and gain experience with it, and learn
    that it would benefit from enhancements that would break existing code
    that uses it. So a new module gets implemented that has the
    enhancements but is incompatible with the old module. That way, new
    code can use the new module but old code can keep using the old
    module.
    Paul Rubin, Apr 22, 2004