narrowing the focus

Roedy Green

One thing I imagined a SCID should do for me is for example let me
examine all the getFont method implementations in a set of classes
that derive from a class with an abstract getFont method.

It should show me that and nothing else.

I got Eclipse to show me the classes that extend a given class, but
that still includes a lot of stuff not relevant to my current task.

Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Roland

One thing I imagined a SCID should do for me is for example let me
examine all the getFont method implementations in a set of classes
that derive from a class with an abstract getFont method.

It should show me that and nothing else.

I got Eclipse to show me the classes that extend a given class, but
that still includes a lot of stuff not relevant to my current task.
Is there any particular question you want to ask? Or do you just want to
share your thoughts. In the latter case, comp.lang.java.advocacy might
be a better place.

[FWIW, Eclipse's hierarchy view has a button 'Lock View and show members
in the hierarchy' which may be what you are after.]

--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter
` ___ ___