navbar with submenus

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Ryan., Oct 18, 2007.

  1. Ryan.

    Ryan. Guest

    Hi All,

    I want to create an external file for my navigation bar (using the PHP
    "include") with submenus and I do not want the submenu to be displayed
    unless the user is at that particular page. Here is an example of
    what I want.

    Navbar:
    Option 1
    Option 2
    ->subOption 1
    ->subOption 2
    Option 3
    ->subOption 1
    ->subOption 2
    ->subOption 3
    Option 4
    Option 5
    ->subOption 1
    ->subOption 2

    If the user is at the page 'Option 3' then I want its submenu to be
    displayed but not the subenus for Options 2 and 5. I have searched
    this group and Google and I can't seem to find the answer that I
    want. I'm not familiar with PHP except for the 'include' option but I
    figure this can be done using it. Any assistance will be greatly
    appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Ryan.
    Ryan., Oct 18, 2007