NavigateUrl mailto relative URi error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Um9u?=, Sep 19, 2006.

  1. I have the following control in mailtowebmaster.acsx

    <%@ Control Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false"
    ClassName="MailtoWebmaster" %>
    <%@ Register tagPrefix="Club" Namespace="ClubSite" %>

    <asp:HyperLink ID="Mailto" runat="server" NavigateUrl="mailto:"
    >webmaster</asp:HyperLink>

    When I use it in a page:

    <Club:MailtoWebmaster id="MailtoWebmaster1" runat="server"
    ></Club:MailtoWebmaster>

    It does display it correctly in the browser but when I view the page in
    VStudio 2005 Design mode an error is displayed:

    Error RenderibfControl - Mailto
    A relative URI cannot be created because 'uriString' parameter represent an
    absolute URI.

    If I change the URL from mail to to some absolute web site it does not
    display the error.

    How can I fix this?

    Ron

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9u?=, Sep 19, 2006

  2. don't set the url in design mode

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Sep 20, 2006

  3. OK Thanks. I just thoght there is a better way for that.

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9u?=, Sep 20, 2006