Navigating *away* from a frame

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Tom Jones, Dec 18, 2004.

  1. Tom Jones

    Tom Jones Guest

    Hi,

    I have a page that uses frames setup like this (other stuff deleted for
    clarity):

    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    </HEAD>

    <FRAMESET frameborder=no border=0 rows="75%,25%">
    <FRAME src="main.htm" NAME="Top Frame" scrolling=YES>
    <FRAME src="Frame.htm" NAME="Bottom Frame" scrolling=YES>

    <NOFRAMES>
    <BODY>
    </BODY>
    </NOFRAMES>
    </FRAMESET>
    </HTML>

    On main.htm I have a link that takes me to another website. When I click
    that link the top frame contains the new website, but the bottom frame is
    still present! How can I make the link get rid of the bottom frame?

    Thanks!
    TJ
    Tom Jones, Dec 18, 2004

  2. David Dorward, Dec 18, 2004

  3. Tom Jones

    Kris Guest

    In article <>,
    "Tom Jones" <> wrote:

    > I have a page that uses frames setup like this (other stuff deleted for
    > clarity):

    [snip HTML]

    > On main.htm I have a link that takes me to another website. When I click
    > that link the top frame contains the new website, but the bottom frame is
    > still present! How can I make the link get rid of the bottom frame?

    Please, stop using frames.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=why frames suck

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)
    Kris, Dec 18, 2004
  4. In article <>, Tom Jones
    () dropped a +5 bundle of words...

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a page that uses frames setup like this (other stuff deleted for
    > clarity):
    >
    > <HTML>
    > <HEAD>
    > </HEAD>
    >
    > <FRAMESET frameborder=no border=0 rows="75%,25%">
    > <FRAME src="main.htm" NAME="Top Frame" scrolling=YES>
    > <FRAME src="Frame.htm" NAME="Bottom Frame" scrolling=YES>
    >
    > <NOFRAMES>
    > <BODY>
    > </BODY>
    > </NOFRAMES>
    > </FRAMESET>
    > </HTML>
    >
    > On main.htm I have a link that takes me to another website. When I click
    > that link the top frame contains the new website, but the bottom frame is
    > still present! How can I make the link get rid of the bottom frame?

    target=_top

    will lose all the frames and just display the new page on top. That way,
    it doesn't look like their page is a part of your site.

    --
    Starshine Moonbeam
    mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30
    Starshine Moonbeam, Dec 19, 2004