Navigating *away* from a frame

Tom Jones

Hi,

I have a page that uses frames setup like this (other stuff deleted for
clarity):

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>

<FRAMESET frameborder=no border=0 rows="75%,25%">
<FRAME src="main.htm" NAME="Top Frame" scrolling=YES>
<FRAME src="Frame.htm" NAME="Bottom Frame" scrolling=YES>

<NOFRAMES>
<BODY>
</BODY>
</NOFRAMES>
</FRAMESET>
</HTML>

On main.htm I have a link that takes me to another website. When I click
that link the top frame contains the new website, but the bottom frame is
still present! How can I make the link get rid of the bottom frame?

Thanks!
TJ

Kris

Tom Jones said:
I have a page that uses frames setup like this (other stuff deleted for
clarity):

[snip HTML]
On main.htm I have a link that takes me to another website. When I click
that link the top frame contains the new website, but the bottom frame is
still present! How can I make the link get rid of the bottom frame?

Please, stop using frames.
http://www.google.com/search?q=why+frames+suck

Starshine Moonbeam

Tom Jones said:
Hi,

I have a page that uses frames setup like this (other stuff deleted for
clarity):

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>

<FRAMESET frameborder=no border=0 rows="75%,25%">
<FRAME src="main.htm" NAME="Top Frame" scrolling=YES>
<FRAME src="Frame.htm" NAME="Bottom Frame" scrolling=YES>

<NOFRAMES>
<BODY>
</BODY>
</NOFRAMES>
</FRAMESET>
</HTML>

On main.htm I have a link that takes me to another website. When I click
that link the top frame contains the new website, but the bottom frame is
still present! How can I make the link get rid of the bottom frame?

target=_top

will lose all the frames and just display the new page on top. That way,
it doesn't look like their page is a part of your site.