    Few solutions I found are very complex, It seems a major
    requirement and very basic functionality for any recordset

    Please help

    Sagheer, Dec 21, 2003

  2. Sagheer

    Hermit Dave Guest

    Hi,
    Yes that was a nice functionality as a part of ADO which was something i
    didnot find very appealing when started using .NET
    But with ADO.NET you have all sort of objects right from forward only
    objects like DataReader to fully fledged ones like DataSet.
    With dataset you can get the count of rows and just do a for loop. if you
    know the current position then you can substract one or add one and do move
    first or move last.
    you can get the first one my [0] and last one by Rows.count -1.

    You dont have implementation like you did in classic ADO but with ADO.net
    its very flexible in terms of what you can achieve.

    Hope this helps,

    HD

    Hermit Dave, Dec 21, 2003

  3. Sagheer

    vMike Guest

    One other solution is to add a column to the table in code called say
    "RowNumber" and use a for each process to poplulate the column with 1,2,3
    etc.

    vMike, Dec 22, 2003