Navigating to a bookmark within an IFrame

Adrian

Hi All,

I load an Iframe within html page contained within another page and from the hosting page I would like to scroll to a given bookmark within the page loaded within the iframe without causing it to reload.

How do I do this?

I have tried:

function navIContent(bm)
{
IContent.src=bm
return
}

called by :

onclick='navIContent("../content.htm#test")'

but it doesn't seem to work!

mike

If you were in the iframe and wanted to say get the focus for something
you would say:

parent.document.getElementById("someid").focus();

BootNic

Adrian said:
Hi All,

I load an Iframe within html page contained within another page and
from the hosting page I would like to scroll to a given bookmark
within the page loaded within the iframe without causing it to
reload.

How do I do this?

I have tried:

function navIContent(bm)
{
IContent.src=bm
return
}

called by :

onclick='navIContent("../content.htm#test")'

but it doesn't seem to work!

Are you wanting to do something like this:

http://i.1asphost.com/BootNic/ifb.asp

Adrian

Yes thanks that will do it!

function flick(frameId,bookmarkId){
var gip=document.getElementById(frameId)
var x=gip.contentWindow.document.getElementById(bookmarkId).offsetLeft
var y=gip.contentWindow.document.getElementById(bookmarkId).offsetTop
gip.contentWindow.scrollTo(x,y)
}