navigating to a target frame using javascript

rbowie

Hi there

im tryin to nav to a frame using javascript.

I have a frameset within a frameset. I want to be able to navigate from
the inner most frameset to an outer frame.

So frame i have only managed to nav to a frame within the current
framset using the following code:

parent.frames['0'].location.href="myPage.asp";

I've used the alert box to display all the frames within the frameset
and the frames displayed are only the frames in the inner most
frameset.

How do you reference the outer most frames.

Thanks in advance.
Bob.

Csaba Gabor

Try parent.parent.frames[0]...
To get to the outermost frame you could also do: top.frames[0]