Navigation and selection help...

Travis Newbury

Montgomery BOO...URNS said:
I'm trying to figure out how to make an extension menu along the
navigation bar. Where it says "System Highlights" I would like
to create an extended menu and have two choices where one could
click on a choice and a smaller pop-up window would come up
giving a description of the shifter system. Would this require
some java programming?

Require? No.

Did you google "cool html menu"? The first link will give you tons of
examples.

Travis Newbury

Montgomery BOO...URNS said:
Thanks for the help, but it seems that these examples are good
for if I'm setting up the page from nothing.

Oh sorry, I did not know you wanted someone to write the code for
you.

Montgomery BOO...URNS

Travis Newbury said:
Oh sorry, I did not know you wanted someone to write the code for
you.

No, that's not what I'm saying at all! I did provide a link to a URL and I
did ask for some help! I don't want anyone to do the work for me for free
by no means. However, I am trying to learn this stuff. I would appreciate
some help and some input into what I'm doing wrong, what I'm doing right and
how I can build a webpage as systematically as possible but also not
foregoing the artistic knack for design.

The advice you gave me led me to a website called Dyamic Drive and I was
able to incorporate some of that code into the website in question...
http://www.shobers.com ... the problem I'm having now is that I can't get
the menu to set up in line with the "System Highlights" link that's set up
on an image map. Also, the pop-up menu only seems to be visible using
Internet Explorer. How could I fix this? Or is there an easier menu system
I could use?

Thanks again and by no means am I looking for anyone to do the work for me!

DC

Montgomery BOO...URNS

Obvious said:
That's OK ;-))

The thing is you are selling the advice, that you get here for free, you
are supposedly a web design service yet have the least grasp of how to do
the most basic tasks, and all your sites that you have inflicted on this
newsgroup look crap, and don't validate.

Thanks!

Obvious

Thanks again and by no means am I looking for anyone to do the work for me!

Well you ought to be ! That site is terrible , and I see you have the cheek
to say it's W3c compliant, yet it fails validation.

Montgomery BOO...URNS

Obvious said:
Well you ought to be ! That site is terrible , and I see you have the cheek
to say it's W3c compliant, yet it fails validation.

Gee, I guess I'm going to look elsewhere for help. I should have known
that I would get a combative attitude looking to the newsgroups for even
a smidgen of advice.

Thanks for nothing!

DC

Obvious

Thanks for nothing!

DC

Obvious said:
That's OK ;-))

The thing is you are selling the advice, that you get here for free, you
are supposedly a web design service yet have the least grasp of how to do
the most basic tasks, and all your sites that you have inflicted on this
newsgroup look crap, and don't validate.

Actually, THE TRUTH IS that I'm not offering anything! A lot you know! I'm
just learning this stuff and eventually I will be offering something via the
web! But as of now I am not offering anything, so before you criticize you
should maybe ask me the who, what, where, when, why and how the method works
to my madness before you just give an outright bad critique!

Also, I am very well aware that my sites don't validate. This is why I'm
here on this group - to get help (which I won't be no more since I don't get
help from the likes of you). I'm just beginning to learn this stuff and as
far as I'm concerned (and other people who have critiqued my work), it's not
bad at all for someone who is just beginning. Especially learning CSS.

But since you do feel that my web pages are crap, I guess I gotta do what I
gotta do to fix them now don't I? By the way, I do need a little help here -
did I mention that?

Thanks again for nothing!

DC

Obvious

Actually, THE TRUTH IS that I'm not offering anything! A lot you know! I'm
just learning this stuff and eventually I will be offering something via the
web! But as of now I am not offering anything, so before you criticize you
should maybe ask me the who, what, where, when, why and how the method works
to my madness before you just give an outright bad critique!

http://www.439communications.com/ says <quote> 439 Communications offers
services in Design, Web Design, Computer-based Multimedia, Audio Recording
and Engineering, and we also offer several custom computer system
packages. said:
Also, I am very well aware that my sites don't validate

This is why I'm here on this group - to get help (which I won't be no more
since I don't get help from the likes of you). I'm just beginning to learn
this stuff and as far as I'm concerned (and other people who have
critiqued my work), it's not bad at all for someone who is just
beginning. Especially learning CSS.

If as you claim, your just beginning to learn (and I can well believe it)
why on earth do you think you have the necessary skills to offer web design
services. via you website.
But since you do feel that my web pages are crap, I guess I gotta do what I
gotta do to fix them now don't I?

Yes that would be a start! And maybe you'll learn that you will get many
less problems and more reply's to your questions if your pages validate, at
least that way you will have shown that you have at least tried to sort out
things yourself, before expecting the people on this group to sort out your
mistakes.
By the way, I do need a little help here - did I mention that?

Asked and answered, you were given a perfectly clear answer from Travis
Newbury.

Montgomery BOO...URNS

In reference to the site I'm building... http://www.shobers.com ...

I'm trying to figure out how to make an extension menu along the
navigation bar. Where it says "System Highlights" I would like to create
an extended menu and have two choices where one could click on a choice
and a smaller pop-up window would come up giving a description of the
shifter system. Would this require some java programming?

TIA

DC

Montgomery BOO...URNS

Travis Newbury said:
Require? No.

Did you google "cool html menu"? The first link will give you tons of
examples.

Thanks for the help, but it seems that these examples are good for if I'm
setting up the page from nothing. If you refernce http://www.shobers.com/
all I want is some simple pop up to come out of the side menu where it says
"System Highlights."

TIA

DC