"Navigation Bar" thing

John M

Hi,

You may have seen on some websites a type of "navigation bar" where the
current page and all previous pages in the website hierarchy are displayed.
Each page is listed as a link.

For example:

Home > Support > Newsgroups

Is there a proper name for this "navigation bar" thing ? (I don't know what
to name to use when searching for information about it)

In asp.net is there a control or class that makes building one of these
easy?

I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to create one from scratch but if it's
already been done I'd like to save the time.

Any info would be appreciated.

John

Brian Henry

it's called a breadcrumb, look at www.asp.net under controls tab at the top
then navigation section, you'll find some, and even a free one