Navigation Menu in IE8

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Peter K, Jul 18, 2009.

  1. Peter K

    Peter K Guest

    My asp.net web site (pgkroeger.us) uses the asp navigation features. By
    coincidence I noted the other day that the menu part of the navigation
    faature did not show the secondary & tertiary folders, just blanks were
    shown. (The breadcrumb system worked as designed.)

    On my home computer I loaded the web site into Visual Studio 2008, opened a
    page & asked for 'view in browser'. All worked well. My conclusion"
    something has corrupted on the remote website. I went (twice!) through a
    four hour reinstall of the remote site. Each time the same, the navigation
    menu did not show lower directories. I installed a dummy default2.aspx page
    with a tree view. Same thing, actually in this case only 'home' showed.

    Extremely frustrating. I went to an older desktop, mainly used for home
    entertainment today. Its IE8 browser showed the same thing, no navigation.
    Then I opened on that machine a left-over virtual Win XP installation, which
    was too old to have IE8, indeed it had IE7 installed. I opened the web site
    & all showed up fine, the menu & the tree worked just fine.

    Does anybody have any ideas what setting in IE8 could possibly prevent the
    asp.net navigation tools to work? And how can I prevent others, using IE8
    from running into the same problem on my site? (Target Framework =
    Net.Framework 3.5)

    Any suggestions will be appreciated,
    Peter K, Jul 18, 2009

  2. Peter K

    Patrice Guest

    Hi,

    Could it be :
    http://weblogs.asp.net/bleroy/archive/2009/03/23/asp-menu-fix-for-ie8-problem-available.aspx

    --
    Patrice

    groupe de discussion : ...

    Patrice, Jul 20, 2009

  3. Peter K

    Peter K Guest

    Thanks a lot, did not know about this fix.

    Peter

    Peter K, Jul 20, 2009