Navigation Menu too slow

Guest

Saw a posting on this from January - wanting to know if anyone has a
resolution.

Navigation Menu in asp.net 2.0. Using web.sitemap file 64K in size.
onMouseOver for menu items, takes up to 4 seconds for sub-menu to
appear/dissappear. Problem only exists using IE - Lightning fast in Firefox.

The menu goes 5 levels deep. I have MaximumDynamicDisplayLevels set to 4. If
I change this to 2, the menu works fine. (But of course I am missing sub-menu
items) Problem starts with MaximumDynamicDisplayLevels = 3. The problem is
client side - I am at a loss. Not getting why it works using Firefox.

Also works fine for smaller (2K) .sitemap file. (Even works with 5 levels on
small XML filesize) I tried removing any special MenuItemDataBound code from
the page behind - does not help. Only thing that helps is a smaller .sitemap
filesize or setting MaximumDynamicDisplayLevels to 2.

I modelled this menu off of our current menu being used on our ASP intranet
- I would like to keep the look and feel the same for our users. Took me two
days to write SQL code that creates my XML from SQL Server data - so I would
like to get this working. I can post (or email) code if someone wants to
have a look. Appreciate any help on this.