Navigation renders poorly in Navigator

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Bryce, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. Bryce

    Bryce Guest

    I'm a designer, not a developer, and I should know how this works, and I'm
    embarassed for not knowing, but my page displays correctly in IE6, but not
    Netscape 4.8, Netscape 7, or Mozilla. It does render well in Konqueror for
    Linux, however. I don't have a Mac so I don't know how it renders there.

    How do I do an image that expands to fill in as much width as possible so
    the table expands to fill the whole width, and renders cross platform well?
    if I use a style="background: url('xyz.gif')" in the TD tag, it renders
    poorly in both Netscape and Mozilla. If I do a background="xyz.gif" in the
    TD tag, it renders poorly in IE.

    My page is http://www.altiare.com. I validated the HTML (4.01 strict) and
    it appears to have very few errors, except perhaps a missing alt tag in one
    spot.

    Please don't tell me I need to use more style sheets instead of tables
    because I tried that and Netscape barfs even worse.

    Any comments would be appreciated.

    Bryce, Jun 28, 2003

  2. Bryce

    Bryce Guest

    "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > In post <GSeLa.116$>
    > Bryce said...
    >
    > > My page is http://www.altiare.com. I validated the HTML (4.01 strict)

    and
    > > it appears to have very few errors, except perhaps a missing alt tag in

    one
    > > spot.
    > >
    > > Please don't tell me I need to use more style sheets instead of tables

    > but you do
    >
    > > because I tried that and Netscape barfs even worse.

    > only NS4.x which you can hide the css it doesn't like or all of it so
    > NS4.x just gets a plain text version.

    NS4.x was so nice in it's day...thanks for the tip.

    Bryce, Jun 28, 2003