    else
    output <= 0;
    end;
    Patrick, May 5, 2004

  2. (Patrick) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > I would like to implement a NCO (Numerical Controlled Oscillator).
    >
    > The output is a square wave. The reference clock is 352 MHz.
    > I want the output varies by step of 2,841ns around a 22MHz square signal.
    >
    > What is the simplest way to implement it :
    >
    > if rising_edge(clk_ref) then
    > count <= count + 1 + in;
    > end;
    >
    > if (count>=16) then
    > output <= 1;
    > count <= 0;
    > else
    > output <= 0;
    > end;

    I am no expert on NCOs, but here is a good website for the basic
    theory of operation. It will not tell you the best way to implement a
    VHDL design. I expect this depends on your target device. You can
    also download a simulator if you wish.

    Charles

    http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/5611/dds.html
    Charles M. Elias, May 10, 2004