NDoc in Visual Studio 2005

Kuldeep

Framework: Visual Studio 2005
Technology: ASP.NET 2.0
Language: C#.NET 2.0

Hi All,

Could any one of you please let me know how to use NDoc in Visual Studio
2005.
If there is a source where I can find step by step information, I would be
greatly obliged.

Thanks in advance,
Kuldeep

Hans Kesting

Framework: Visual Studio 2005
Technology: ASP.NET 2.0
Language: C#.NET 2.0
Hi All,

Could any one of you please let me know how to use NDoc in Visual
Studio
2005.
If there is a source where I can find step by step information, I
would be
greatly obliged.
Thanks in advance,
Kuldeep

See Sandcastle (http://www.sandcastledocs.com/)
A bit rough, last time I looked, but it does the job.

Hans Kesting

Kuldeep

Siva,

Thanks for the reply.
Here are the questions that I still havent found answers for:
1. How do I set "XML Documentation File" in Visual Studio 2005 (considering
the fact that it is fairly simple in Visual Studio.Net 2003!)
2. How do I look out for a specific .sln file which would act as an input
for NDoc in VS 2005?
3. Everytime I use NDoc after selecting a .sln file, it says "There are no
projects in this solution that NDoc can import." How do I deal with them?

Any leads on these would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Kuldeep

Drakiula

Siva,

Thanks for the reply.
Here are the questions that I still havent found answers for:
Right click on a project in your solution explorer, go to Properties-
Build and check the XML documentation file checkbox.
1. How do I set "XML Documentation File" in Visual Studio 2005 (considering
the fact that it is fairly simple in Visual Studio.Net 2003!)
I am not sure what you mean, exactly. Try to open the .csproj file
instead of the .sln file.
You should create an Nunit project file (add your compiled DLLs to it
using the NDoc GUI).
Afterwards, add this file to your solution and configure it to open
with NDoc GUI (right click in solution
explorer, Open With->Add).
2. How do I look out for a specific .sln file which would act as an input
for NDoc in VS 2005?
See the answer to previous question.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

Kuldeep said:
Framework: Visual Studio 2005
Technology: ASP.NET 2.0
Language: C#.NET 2.0

Hi All,

Could any one of you please let me know how to use NDoc in Visual Studio
2005.
If there is a source where I can find step by step information, I would be
greatly obliged.

Thanks in advance,
Kuldeep

The development of NDoc has stopped, as the creator (AFAIK) is now
instead working for Microsoft in their Sandcastle project.

Dave Sexton

Hi,

Try DocProject (link after my signature) if you want complete Sandcastle
integration in Visual Studio 2005.