neaten-ing Combo boxes question

Steve Chatham

I have a page where I have some combo boxes on it. A click on each one
spawns another box, and another until each area has been selected, or until
they choose to pull all items into a datagrid from that category.

For instance:

say the first combo has in it:

meat
dairy

second combo box, depending on which first one you clicked on would have:
lamb
beef
pork
fish

or
milk
butter
cheese

third one may have 10 selections in it and the 4th combo box would have say
5 in it.

I've got the items displaying in the datagrid, but the combo boxes are still
up at the top.

Is there a way to make the bottom of the combo boxes be at a certain level,
and not mess up my datagrid, and not overwrite items above it on the page?

I can hide the whole thing, but that is like a final alternative. If I
could, I'd rather shrink the box down to the selection.

The combo boxes are loaded so as to not have scrollbars in them (which is
still a requirement).

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

SC

Guest

Steve
Why not nest the boxes in a table and set the valign = bottom for the table cell

----- Steve Chatham wrote: ----

I have a page where I have some combo boxes on it. A click on each on
spawns another box, and another until each area has been selected, or unti
they choose to pull all items into a datagrid from that category

For instance

say the first combo has in it

mea
dair

second combo box, depending on which first one you clicked on would have
lam
bee
por
fis

mil
butte
chees

third one may have 10 selections in it and the 4th combo box would have sa
5 in it

I've got the items displaying in the datagrid, but the combo boxes are stil
up at the top

Is there a way to make the bottom of the combo boxes be at a certain level
and not mess up my datagrid, and not overwrite items above it on the page

I can hide the whole thing, but that is like a final alternative. If
could, I'd rather shrink the box down to the selection

The combo boxes are loaded so as to not have scrollbars in them (which i
still a requirement)

Any help appreciated

Thank

Steve Chatham

They're already in a table, and that's kinda what I wanted them to do, but I
haven't been able to find the property on the table to do that setting with.
Was trying to get away from having to dink around in the html.

Steve

Guest

Steve
It doesn't get much easier than <td valign="bottom">