necessary folders in root, help please

Robert Blackwell

My site got hacked and now I'm trying to set it up again from scratch. I
have an aspx store that is supposed to run in a virtual directory, but I
need to know which folders are supposed to be in root and how you get them
there.

I'm looking at an old back up of the site and these two folders are there
aspnet_client\system_web (mutliple folders in here, all named by numbers and
each have some kind of javascript files named smartnav)
webctrl_client\1_0

I just don't remember where I originally got them, was it just part of my
hosting service/asp.net and those are there by default? How do you get them
back once they are deleted (if you don't have a backup). Since aspx is
almost on version 2 now is this going "break" things with the app I have?

Thanks

Karl

The #s correspond to the version of .net installed.
aspnet_client\system_web\1_1_4322 is used by 1.1
aspnet_client\system_web\2_0_40607 is used by 2.0 Beta 1

you can have other versions (like the one for 1.0). The app will
automatically use the right one depending on which version is was compiled
in. You can easily get them back by going into:

c:\<SYSTEM_ROOT>\microsoft.net\framework\
(where <SYSTEM_ROOT> will either be windows (XP) or WinNT (200x))
and then going into the folder of the vesion you want to add (you'll have
the same choices, 1_1_4322, 2_0_40607) and type aspnet_regiis -i in the
command prompt

Karl

Robert Blackwell

Okay thanks

aspnet_client\
webctrl_client\

Are there any other folders besides these or are those it?