    I want a single .EXE file. no messes. no DLL's. no extra runtime
    files.
    , Jun 4, 2008

  2. Ian Collins Guest

    wrote:
    > I need a compiler that
    >
    > 1. can generate 32 and 64-bit code, (64-bit code that will work on an
    > AMD as well as Intel)

    You're asking in the wrong place, try a windows group.

    --
    Ian Collins.
    Ian Collins, Jun 4, 2008

  3. On 2008-06-04 10:51, wrote:
    > I need a compiler that
    >
    > 1. can generate 32 and 64-bit code, (64-bit code that will work on an
    > AMD as well as Intel)
    >
    > 2. Doesn't require the enduser to install .Net to run the program (in
    > other words, the code is self-contained)
    >
    > 3. generated code is not in multiple required parts (like the new
    > Borland C++ compiler series which requires a runtime file to be
    > distributed with the EXE - no explanation on how to combine them into
    > a single file).
    > I want a single .EXE file. no messes. no DLL's. no extra runtime
    > files.

    Visual Studio 2008 Express, and read the following article:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9yb4317s.aspx

    --
    Erik Wikström
    Erik Wikström, Jun 4, 2008
  4. brad Guest

    wrote:
    > I need a compiler that
    >
    > 1. can generate 32 and 64-bit code, (64-bit code that will work on an
    > AMD as well as Intel)
    >
    > 2. Doesn't require the enduser to install .Net to run the program (in
    > other words, the code is self-contained)
    >
    > 3. generated code is not in multiple required parts (like the new
    > Borland C++ compiler series which requires a runtime file to be
    > distributed with the EXE - no explanation on how to combine them into
    > a single file).
    > I want a single .EXE file. no messes. no DLL's. no extra runtime
    > files.

    I use MinGW on a 32-bit Windows XP box to do this. Executables from this
    setup run on 32-bit Windows and 64-bit Windows as WOW (Windows on
    Windows) emulation on the 64-bit systems takes care of the details.
    Statically link and you'll be self-contained.
    brad, Jun 4, 2008