Need a faster MouseWheel

Discussion in 'Java' started by Ramon, Dec 30, 2004.

  1. Ramon

    Ramon Guest

    It seems like the preferred method to adjust the
    ScrollAmount of a MouseWheel is user-initiated.
    In Windows, you just go to the Control Panel and
    adjust the "number of lines at a time" to the
    desired value.

    Is there any way to adjust this "ScrollAmount"
    programmatically?

    I just got a nice class called JadeDisplay which has
    saved me a lot of programming. However, I think the
    JD programmers misinterpreted the concept of "line":
    when the user is scrolling a graphics file (TIFF, GIF,
    JPEG) the wheel scrolling is painfully slow.

    If I change it from the WinXP default (3 lines) to a more
    responsive value (24 lines) JadeDisplay works fine, but
    then all my other programs become too jumpy.

    So, is there something like 'setScrollAmount()'?

    TIA,

    -Ramon F Herrera

    Ramon, Dec 30, 2004