need a good tutorial

Robin

I was looking for tutorials on google for writing perl modules, and all I
could find is the basics with the first few tries, and I figured the best
ones would be from word of mouth from some more experienced coders, perhaps
even ones written by these people, I don't have the money to invest in books
now- when I get it I'll buy randals book, "Learning Perl Objects References
and Modules", but for now I was wondering if someone could hook me up with
a good link to a more intermediate/advanced tutorial on building modules
which starts with the basics and then moves into this, the perldocs have
utterly confused me, for now I dunno... on a side note, anyone know exactly
how to get the cygwin/x to run with multiple windows, have tried everything
on their website and another one.

Jim Keenan

Robin said:
I was looking for tutorials on google for writing perl modules, and all I
could find is the basics with the first few tries,
[snip]

but for now I was wondering if someone could hook me up with
a good link to a more intermediate/advanced tutorial on building modules
which starts with the basics and then moves into this, the perldocs have
utterly confused me

Many of us learned how to write modules through the docs. Could you let
us know exactly what you find utterly confusing about them, specifically:

perldoc perlnewmod

jimk