    Thanks,
    Paul

    , Sep 19, 2005

  2. Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, quothed:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Could someone recommend a good web host, preferably in the USA. I need
    > at least 3GB per month, about 1.5GB of disk, mysql, and perl. If they
    > offer two or three domains with the account then that's a plus.
    > Preferable under $5 / month.
    >
    > BTW, I do NOT recommend Vistapages. They promise 100GB per month. If
    > you get over 2 GB of bandwidth per month then they'll mess around with
    > you like crazy. You pages will be slower than ever. I could write a
    > book on all the terrible games they play.

    Many hosts play the same games. The best thing to do is move and keep
    moving until you're satisfied. As for a recommendation, I think your
    price is low for what you're asking, but nowadays I could be wrong.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Sep 19, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Could someone recommend a good web host, preferably in the USA. I need
    > at least 3GB per month, about 1.5GB of disk, mysql, and perl. If they
    > offer two or three domains with the account then that's a plus.
    > Preferable under $5 / month.

    So you only want twice the bandwidth of your disk space? If that's the
    case, it seems to me that no one's reading the content.

    > BTW, I do NOT recommend Vistapages. They promise 100GB per month. If
    > you get over 2 GB of bandwidth per month then they'll mess around with
    > you like crazy. You pages will be slower than ever. I could write a
    > book on all the terrible games they play.

    If you're only paying $60 a year, what can you expect?

    --

    Hywel
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Sep 19, 2005
  4. wd10 Guest

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:14:21 -0700, Neredbojias wrote:

    > With neither quill nor qualm, quothed:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Could someone recommend a good web host, preferably in the USA. I need
    >> at least 3GB per month, about 1.5GB of disk, mysql, and perl. If they
    >> offer two or three domains with the account then that's a plus.
    >> Preferable under $5 / month.

    Not good:
    1and1.com (100 MB limit on each database -- $10/month for one database,
    don't like control panel. Cannot upgrade past the $20/month "developer"
    package which only gives 3 MySQL databases. Cannot upgrade past those 3
    databases unless you want a dedicated server, but you can't directly
    upgrade.)

    Was not happy:
    Lonex.com (didn't have secure connections for essential tasks, weak
    webmail)
    Canaca.com (very cheap, but had email problems)

    Considering but haven't tried in depth yet except on other people's
    accounts:
    Bluehost.com (many MySQL databases -- and unlike many hosts, no
    limit to size of databases -- some companies don't mention that they
    limit the database size to as low as 25MB even if the total disk space is
    much larger)
    Dreamhost.com (unlimited MySQL databases?)

    wd10, Sep 21, 2005