Need a good web host-- 3GB bw, 1.5GB disk, mysql, perl

pmlonline

Hi,

Could someone recommend a good web host, preferably in the USA. I need
at least 3GB per month, about 1.5GB of disk, mysql, and perl. If they
offer two or three domains with the account then that's a plus.
Preferable under $5 / month.

BTW, I do NOT recommend Vistapages. They promise 100GB per month. If
you get over 2 GB of bandwidth per month then they'll mess around with
you like crazy. You pages will be slower than ever. I could write a
book on all the terrible games they play.

Thanks,
Paul

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, (e-mail address removed) quothed:
Hi,

Could someone recommend a good web host, preferably in the USA. I need
at least 3GB per month, about 1.5GB of disk, mysql, and perl. If they
offer two or three domains with the account then that's a plus.
Preferable under $5 / month.

BTW, I do NOT recommend Vistapages. They promise 100GB per month. If
you get over 2 GB of bandwidth per month then they'll mess around with
you like crazy. You pages will be slower than ever. I could write a
book on all the terrible games they play.

Many hosts play the same games. The best thing to do is move and keep
moving until you're satisfied. As for a recommendation, I think your
price is low for what you're asking, but nowadays I could be wrong.

Hywel Jenkins

Hi,

Could someone recommend a good web host, preferably in the USA. I need
at least 3GB per month, about 1.5GB of disk, mysql, and perl. If they
offer two or three domains with the account then that's a plus.
Preferable under $5 / month.

So you only want twice the bandwidth of your disk space? If that's the
case, it seems to me that no one's reading the content.

BTW, I do NOT recommend Vistapages. They promise 100GB per month. If
you get over 2 GB of bandwidth per month then they'll mess around with
you like crazy. You pages will be slower than ever. I could write a
book on all the terrible games they play.

If you're only paying $60 a year, what can you expect?

wd10

With neither quill nor qualm, (e-mail address removed) quothed:

Not good:
1and1.com (100 MB limit on each database -- $10/month for one database,
don't like control panel. Cannot upgrade past the $20/month "developer"
package which only gives 3 MySQL databases. Cannot upgrade past those 3
databases unless you want a dedicated server, but you can't directly
upgrade.)

Was not happy:
Lonex.com (didn't have secure connections for essential tasks, weak
webmail)
Canaca.com (very cheap, but had email problems)

Considering but haven't tried in depth yet except on other people's
accounts:
Bluehost.com (many MySQL databases -- and unlike many hosts, no
limit to size of databases -- some companies don't mention that they
limit the database size to as low as 25MB even if the total disk space is
much larger)
Dreamhost.com (unlimited MySQL databases?)