need a knock off of "post to del.icio.us" link

Matt

delicious has a bookmark you can add to your toolbar of this form:
javascript:location.href='http://del.icio.us/post?v=4;url='+e...+';title='+encodeURIComponent(document.title)

When you click it, it goes to your delicious account and lets you tag
the content, etc. Then it redirects you back to the page. I love that.

My javascript skills suck. But I'm reading this
http://xkr.us/articles/javascript/encode-compare/

to get an idea of how to do it. So I'm not asking for code, just any
notes/bits of advice. Anyone done a similar thing?

David Dorward

Matt said:
delicious has a bookmark you can add to your toolbar of this form:
javascript:location.href='http://del.icio.us/post?v=4;url='+e...+';title='+encodeURIComponent(document.title)

When you click it, it goes to your delicious account and lets you tag
the content, etc. Then it redirects you back to the page.

No. It sends the URL and title of the current document to del.icio.us, that
is all.

A server side script then generates a form with some sections prefilled to
prompt you for more data. When you submit it, another server side script
(or a branch of the same one) redirects you back to the page you came from.

[1] I don't see any mention on the del.icio.us site as to what language it
is written in, but the odds are against it being JavaScript - server side
JS doesn't seem to crop up very often

Matt

A server side script then generates a form with some sections prefilled to
prompt you for more data. When you submit it, another server side script
(or a branch of the same one) redirects you back to the page you came from.

Yeah, I'm a PHP guy so that's the easy part for me. Looks like the
javascript won't be tricky...