Need a list of font faces

Stargazer

Hello all, and happy new year to yah! I'm currently re-designing my
website and need a list of all the font faces that will show up on my
page, preferably ones that are cross-browser compatable. Thanks in
advance and look forward to hearing from you!

Jose

I'm currently re-designing my
website and need a list of all the font faces
that will show up on my page

I don't know what that means.

If you are looking for a list of the fonts that =everyone= =else= has on
their computer, pigs aren't flying yet. :) You can probably count on
arial and some version of times new roman. But don't design your site
to require any specific font for the site to be useable. Like regular
typesetting, more than two (maybe three) fonts is overkill. Unlike
regular typesetting, the user gets to choose what fonts they will be.
Respect those choices.

Jose

Stargazer

I just want one font for my page to use throughout I'm looking for one
that fits the content of my page.. I unique one that all or most
browsers can read. That's why I want a list of all compatiable type
fonts or font faces. Hope this helps thanks..

Jose

I just want one font for my page to use throughout

Then don't specify one.

Really.

The browser will use whateve font the =user= has specified as the one he
or she prefers. If the user doesn't not have an explicit preference,
then the browser will use its own default (which has been keeping the
user happy).

This is the way HTML was designed.

I suspect you might consider it a downside that it would be a different
font for different users. (for example, a user that has eye problems
and has specified a large bold sanserif font would see the site
differently from a playful user who has set the default font to be
something flowery). Each user is happy.

Why do you want to make both of these users unhappy by foisting a
different font upon them?

Jose

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Stargazer said:
I just want one font for my page to use throughout I'm looking for one
that fits the content of my page.. I unique one that all or most
browsers can read. That's why I want a list of all compatiable type
fonts or font faces. Hope this helps thanks..

You can't control the visitors' fonts. You can suggest a couple of
common ones.

body { font-family: sans-serif; }

I generally use this:

body { font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; }

Please have a read of this page:

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Talbot?=

Stargazer wrote :
I just want one font for my page to use throughout I'm looking for one
that fits the content of my page.. I unique one that all or most
browsers can read. That's why I want a list of all compatiable type
fonts or font faces. Hope this helps thanks..

font-family: serif;
or
font-family: sans-serif;

Gérard

Andy Dingley

need a list of all the font faces that will show up on my
page, preferably ones that are cross-browser compatable.

serif, sans-serif, monospace

That's the lot.