Need a mod that will navigate web links and dl the text on a page

dougbabacool

Is there a module that will do this? I'm sort of a newbie so many
apologies if this is the wrong forum.

A. Sinan Unur

(e-mail address removed) wrote in @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
Is there a module that will do this? I'm sort of a newbie so many
apologies if this is the wrong forum.

If you are new to this group, the first thing you should do is to read the
posting guidelines, and read the FAQ.

After you have done that, if the answer to

perldoc -q "How do I fetch an HTML file?"

does not answer your question, you may want to look at

http://search.cpan.org/~petdance/WWW-Mechanize-1.18/

But, of course, your question is so vague that I am not sure why you are
not using wget.

Sinan

dougbabacool

A. Sinan Unur said:
(e-mail address removed) wrote in @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

If you are new to this group, the first thing you should do is to read the
posting guidelines, and read the FAQ.
..
..

Thank you sir.

Bart Lateur

Is there a module that will do this? I'm sort of a newbie so many
apologies if this is the wrong forum.

LWP. You might already have it in your distribution. Look at LWP::Simple
first, and "perldoc lwpcook" (the LWP cookbook) too, of course.