Need a refresh tag

DVE Fan

I update my page daily... and sometimes when I load it after uploading it to
see the changes, they don;t show up till I refresh the page - many of my
visitors dont realize to reload the page - I'm wonderingif there's a way to
program a refresh tag to reload the page only once upon opening it. It would
really help. Thanks.

--

-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-

Get paid to read emails! SIGN UP FREE!
$10 for just signing up - NO LIE!

http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?esmajor

David Dorward

DVE said:
I update my page daily... and sometimes when I load it after uploading it
to see the changes, they don;t show up till I refresh the page - many of
my visitors dont realize to reload the page - I'm wonderingif there's a
way to program a refresh tag to reload the page only once upon opening it.

http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/

Chris Morris

DVE Fan said:
I update my page daily... and sometimes when I load it after uploading it to
see the changes, they don;t show up till I refresh the page - many of my
visitors dont realize to reload the page - I'm wonderingif there's a way to
program a refresh tag to reload the page only once upon opening it. It would
really help. Thanks.

This is a caching issue. If you post the URL we can check what
caching information is being provided with your pages.

If you're on an Apache server, you can probably create a .htaccess
file in the directory with the page, and put in it these two lines

ExpiresActive On
ExpiresByType text/html "modification plus 1 day"

That should solve the problem.