Need a Scrolling Marquee

Michael Winter

Starting a web page for my local Little League, I want a led-like
scrolling marquee like the one found here: http://www.lnll.org
I'm willing to pay for it.

That part of the page is written in Java, not JavaScript. There is no way
to replicate that in JavaScript.

A Google search produces many results for tickers (watch for wrap):

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=java+ticker+applet&btnG=Google+Search

From a quick look at some of the returns, there are some very nice
implementations. They do lack the "LED look" though. Results for
LED-styled tickers aren't quite so impressive.

Mike

Randy Webb

Michael said:
That part of the page is written in Java, not JavaScript. There is no
way to replicate that in JavaScript.

Yes there is, it's just not worth the effort. The LED background is
simple enough, just an image. Then it becomes just a matter of moving
text around. Could probably be done with a marquee tag and scripting it
to change its text/direction.