    option.

    Best regards,
    James
    James, Jan 6, 2005

  2. James

    Lance Wynn Guest

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2263

    These may help you out.

    "James" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    We have two Windows Server 2003 Web servers behind an F5 load
    balancer("server1" and "server2"). Application requests are via the dns
    name
    of this "cluster" ("servervip"). The application needs to return the name
    of
    the server the handles the request (asp) so the application can check a
    local
    security group on that server to grant or deny access to that appliation.
    Why this way? I don't know, I did not write the app...
    Request.ServerVariables, which works perfectly with direct request to one of
    the servers (bypassing the virtual), returns empty when called throught the
    virtual. Hard coding the server name in the asa, ini or other is not an
    option.

    Best regards,
    James
    Lance Wynn, Jan 6, 2005

  3. James

    James Guest

    The WMI method works! Thank you very much!

    James, Jan 7, 2005