Need advice for storing mixed data.

phl

Hi,

I am working on a website which will display images, sections of text,
some links and maybe some contents within tables etc. The data will be
got from various xml feeds. I might get one XML files which contains
all the info I need to display, I am not quite sure how it's going to
be yet. So I will read from xml file, create objects, maybe cache them
and display in front end this way.

Now user will be allowed to update information I have displayed. Has
anyone done this sort of thing before? What would be the best way to
store the data after user has updated content? WOuld it be best to keep
things in XML or would something like SQL be less work?

THanks
-Phl

bruce barker

it will depend on volume of data. if only a couple 100 objects then xml
is file, but as its gets larger parsing and navigating the xml will get
expensive.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)