Need advice on web query report control or tool

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sean Pau, May 3, 2004.

  1. Sean Pau

    Sean Pau Guest

    I would like my user to retrieve SQL data through intranet website:

    1. Go to intranet link and enter parameters for report (for example Order
    From and To date)
    2. Click on "Run" button and the data come back in Excel screen.

    The data are retrieved using SQL Select statements. The return data are all
    in simple table row and column, there is no other Excel formating required.
    Users used these data to do further analysis using Excel. I know I need to
    create one webform to query for parameter and another webform to return the
    data (will CSV format do? I am not sure how to call up Excel, still
    exploring). It is ok to manual code for few reports but not if I have 20 to
    30 reports.

    I am wondering if there is any asp.net control or tools that would make it
    easy to code such reports?

    Thanks for any help.

    Sean Pau, May 3, 2004

  2. Sean Pau

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    That might help :

    http://www.aspnetpro.com/NewsletterArticle/2003/09/asp200309so_l/asp2003
    09so_l.asp

    Check the Simply "Compatible: Tab Delimited Format" paragraph.

    It's not a tool but Steve shows you how to convert datatable to excel on
    the client. You still need to create page with selection options and
    generate the right SQL.

    HTH

    Natty Gur[MVP]

    blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur