    a first time python user?

    I do have moderate programming experience in other languages (java, c/c
    ++, vb.net).

    AEB, Oct 28, 2008

  2. On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 05:47:32 -0700, AEB wrote:

    > Hello, my supervisor has requested that I write a program to display 2D
    > waves in 3D using Python. Basically I have a time series file that has
    > the heights of the wave over time steps, and I want to extrude these
    > waves lengthwise so that they appear in a 3D manor. I am not very
    > familiar with Python development, could someone point me in a good
    > direction, and maybe comment if this is a little to ambitious for a
    > first time python user?

    This doesn't sound so much like a Python problem but more a graphics
    programming problem in general and depends on the way you want to display
    the data. OpenGL? Tkinter canvas?

    > I do have moderate programming experience in other languages (java, c/c
    > ++, vb.net).

    If you are new to Python you should work through the tutorial in the
    documentation. For people with programming experience in other languages
    `Dive into Python` is a recommended free Python text.

    Ciao,
    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch, Oct 28, 2008