need an example of running conditions against data in a DataReader.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Troy Stanley - CyberWarehouse.com, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Could someone post an example of conditional evaluation of a data from a
    database using the dataReader class that builds a new row if a field is not
    NULL or some other criteria?

    I would really like to see an example of such a thinkg using Select Case. I
    want to validate every field from the DB. Some fields are to be used as
    labels to be placed directly next to the next field coming from the DB.

    If I could simply see an example of how to pull the data from the db with an
    OleDbConnection, run some expressions and populate a one-columned,
    multiple-rowed table of data, that would rock!

    Is the datareader what I should be using? Should I use a datatable,
    dataview, dataset?

    Thanks!

    Troy Stanley
    devteam a.t cyberwarehouse.com
    www.CyberWarehouse.com
    Troy Stanley - CyberWarehouse.com, Aug 21, 2003