Need assistance analyzing ADPlus dump after OutOfMemory exception

Joe Ross

(Apologies in advance if there is a better forum for asking advice on this
topic).

Our ASP.NET application occasionally starts spitting out OutOfMemory
exceptions. When this happens, the memory usage for that IIS worker process
is over 1GB. I understand in this sceneario that the virtual memory pool
can become fragmented and produce this type of exception.

This time, however, I was able to do an ADPlus dump while it was in this
state. I'm looking for some assistance in analyzing the dump to better
understand why our app is requiring this much memory usage.

I've read many of the ADPlus related articles and made some progress
analyzing dumps, but I have not been successful in determining the root
cause of our problems. I'm struggling to determine which metrics in the
dump are significant and which numbers are outside the "normal" bounds.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
-joe