Need assistance connecting to AD using LDAP

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Luis Esteban Valencia, Jan 12, 2005.

  1. I've never worked with LDAP before, and I'm having issues connecting to our
    AD for user authentication. I am trying to use the code found at:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ve_directory_authentication_from_asp__net.asp

    I'm using forms-based authentication and everytime I enter my user/pass it
    returns (I know it's correct because it is my login credentials):

    Authentication did not succeed. Check user name and password.

    The heirarchy of our folders in AD resembles this (the location of my AD
    entry):

    corp.bedking.com >> Bed King >> Corporate >> Information Technology >> My
    User Account

    The LDAP path I am using is this:

    LDAP://corp.bedking.com/CN=Users,DC=corp,DC=bedking,DC=com

    Please provide me any insight if you see any mistakes I have made. This has
    been a long-running issue that I would LOVE to resolve. Thank you for your
    assistance.

    --
    LUIS ESTEBAN VALENCIA
    MICROSOFT DCE 3.