Need assistance connecting to web service

Paul

I hope this is the proper group for this question. If not please direct me
to the correct newsgroup.

One of my clients needs to calculate sales tax based on customer destination
in the state of Kansas. The Kansas Department of Revenue has provided a
WSDL document (http://services.taxwatch.biz/rates/kansas/sstp.wsdl) but
zero documentation on how to use it.

I have spent several hours today looking at items about SOAP, WSDL, XML and
web services and can not find anything that tells me even how to get
started. I have limited experience with XML but understand the concept.
What I can't figure out is how to get my classic ASP page to talk to the web
service. It has to send multiple data to the web service (street, city, ZIP)
to get a reply.

There seem to be many methods and some aren't compatible with others? Since
I can't get step one info from the Kansas site I am stumped.

One example I found starts with Set oSOAP =
Server.CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient") but my server returns the error
"Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3' Server.CreateObject failed"

I found several references that refer to Envelopes but there is nothing in
the WSDL that indicates if that method is used in the Kansas service.

I am assuming from looking at their WSDL doc that I will be using the
operation GetFIPSByAddress2 since I can't know for certain that I would
always have a ZIP+4 available, and my store address form doesn't break down
all the street parameters that are listed in GetFIPSByAddress.

Can anyone provide enough information to get me started?

Thanks.
Paul