Need C#/ASP.NET Developers Looking for Projects

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jonathan Wood, Aug 2, 2006.

  1. Jonathan Wood, Aug 2, 2006

  2. [Posted and mailed]

    Jonathan Wood <> wrote:
    > If you're an experienced C#/ASP.NET developer looking for projects that you
    > can do from your own location, I may be able to provide you with some work.
    >
    > For more info, please visit http://www.softcircuits.com/consult/work.htm.

    Please read http://www.pobox.com/~skeet/csharp/jobs.html
    It's only my view on posting job adverts on newsgroups, admittedly...

    --
    Jon Skeet - <>
    http://www.pobox.com/~skeet Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/jon.skeet

    Jon Skeet [C# MVP], Aug 2, 2006

  3. Jon,

    > It's only my view on posting job adverts on newsgroups, admittedly...

    Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

    I am not a recruiter. I am looking for like-minded developers to work
    jointly on projects with me.

    I wish there were more such posts like this. It would be a terrific
    resource.

    I'm sorry if it somehow offended you, but I don't see that damage was done
    and think that the post was proper.

    Jonathan Wood
    SoftCircuits Programming
    http://www.softcircuits.com

    Jonathan Wood, Aug 2, 2006
  4. re:
    > Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

    Violating well-known usenet/Microsoft newsgroup rules is idiotic.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Aug 2, 2006
  5. Jonathan Wood

    Padu Guest

    "Jonathan Wood"
    > Jon,
    >
    >> It's only my view on posting job adverts on newsgroups, admittedly...

    > Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that.
    >
    > I am not a recruiter. I am looking for like-minded developers to work
    > jointly on projects with me.
    >
    > I wish there were more such posts like this. It would be a terrific
    > resource.
    >
    > I'm sorry if it somehow offended you, but I don't see that damage was done
    > and think that the post was proper.

    People will say that postings like this are in violation of paragraph 15th
    of article 4 or the usenet book of ethics. Me, personally, I'm all for this
    type of posts. While I'm not actively looking for a job (hence I don't
    subscribe to anything .jobs right now), it may be of my interest. And while
    it is still related to c#, I too think it is a proper place to post. Yeah
    yeah, it's a rule, but I have a slight tendency to go against rules that
    don't make much sense.

    Cheers

    Padu

    Padu, Aug 2, 2006
  6. re:
    > Me, personally, I'm all for this type of posts.

    Job postings are quite welcome in :
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.announcements

    In this newsgroup a job posting is considered SPAM.
    If you are interested in job postings, subscribe to that newsgroup.

    This newsgroup is for peer-to-peer assistance regarding coding issues.

    Juan T. Llibre, Aug 2, 2006
  7. Jonathan Wood

    Padu Guest

    "Juan T. Llibre"
    > re:
    >> Me, personally, I'm all for this type of posts.

    > Job postings are quite welcome in :
    > microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.announcements
    >
    > In this newsgroup a job posting is considered SPAM.
    > If you are interested in job postings, subscribe to that newsgroup.
    >
    > This newsgroup is for peer-to-peer assistance regarding coding issues.

    Yes, whatever. I thought that newsgroup was for announcements related to
    asp.net, not C# jobs.... I was obviously wrong, sorry.

    Padu, Aug 3, 2006