Need C++ compiler for 486 that does OMF 386 LIBs and FAR pointers

miles.wrigley

We need a C/C++ compiler:
- Compiler will be used to create functions and OBJs/LIBs (C++
code with C language wrapper) that will be linked and called from
an embedded application.
- Preferred host is Windows PC.
- Target must be embedded 486.
- Compiler's must do FAR (i.e., protected mode, 48 bit, segment &
offset) pointers and other addresses.
- Compiler must generate OMF 386 OBJs or LIBs.
- Our embedded OS is not from Intel or Microsoft.
- Our application is written in 100K lines of Ada programming
language.
- DDC-I is source of Ada compiler and RTS called DACS (DDC-I Ada
Compiler System).
- There are 5K lines of C++ code.
- Our C++ code _may_ be compatible with Embedded C++.
- We will consider transfer of license.
- We will consider unsupported product.
- Support for debugging in a host-target or multi-language
environment is not expected.

red floyd

We need a C/C++ compiler:
[redacted]

So you're telling me that Northrop Grumman can't do its own research on
compilers, can't read the DDC-I docs to see which compilers it
recommends for use in conjunction with its Ada(r) product, and totally
ignores the FAQ and policies for the newsgroups it posts to?

Man, it's really gone downhill since I worked there.