    would be fine. The IPEndPoint is hidden everywhere.

    --
    K-12 Texbooks www.academicbookservices.com

    beauzero, Dec 8, 2004

  2. beauzero

    Dan Rogers Guest

    Do you mean you want to send OUT thru one of 10 NIC's on the box you are
    sending from? Or do you mean you want to write a program that tests all 10
    IP's as web service endpoints? If the latter, you can just encode the URL
    as http://10.10.10.10/whatever.aspx and thereby bypass the DNS lookup.

    Hope this helps

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation
    --------------------
    >From: "=?Utf-8?B?YmVhdXplcm8=?=" <bclaar@(dontsp).academicbookservices.com>
    >Subject: Need control over LocalEndPoint for multiple IPs
    >Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 13:11:01 -0800
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices

    >I have to send out timed requests to a web service with a limitation of 1
    >request per 6 seconds. I am using a windows service to run the app. and I
    >have 10 IPs on the box. I need to basically send out 10 requests every

    six
    >seconds ...one request per IP. I know I can get access to it through
    >System.Net.Sockets but that would leave a lot of overhead to code.
    >
    >Is there an easy way to get access. Even through

    system.net.httpwebrequest

    Dan Rogers, Dec 21, 2004

  3. beauzero

    beauzero Guest

    Neither. One NIC, 10 static IPs, route requests thru individual IPs (must
    have control). Must be service based and .NET framework 1.1

    beauzero, Dec 22, 2004
  4. beauzero

    Dan Rogers Guest

    I'm not getting it. Is the problem that you need to send thru different IP
    addresses that you've homed to specific IIS web sites (!), or is the
    problem that within a specific service, you want to do something to a
    specific IP address.

    In either case, you should be able to just use the IP address you want
    (from code). If you want one service implementation to sit on 10 different
    IP addresses, you will need to use IIS site settings to set this up. It
    may mean setting up one site per IP address, and having each site have a
    copy of your service implementation on it.

    It's just not clear to me what the thing you are trying to do is... The
    simple solution is to just use the IP address you desire!

    Sorry

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation
    >From: "=?Utf-8?B?YmVhdXplcm8=?=" <bclaar@(dontsp).academicbookservices.com>