    print pdf or microsoft office files, i need to convert it to postscript
    before send to printer.
    Am i right? Can anyone gives opinion how to make it simple?
    bilian, Nov 4, 2004

  2. > I want to print files which are stored in a folder. From many forum, i
    > found that printer can only receive postscript format, and if i want to
    > print pdf or microsoft office files, i need to convert it to postscript
    > before send to printer.
    > Am i right?

    If the printer is a postscript only printer, then you are right. Many
    printers do also understand PCL.

    > Can anyone gives opinion how to make it simple?

    Use the Java print API, then the printer driver will do the conversion to
    either postscript or PCL.
    However it is not simple to interpret a pdf or MS office file.

    Niels Dybdahl
    Niels Dybdahl, Nov 4, 2004