Need Direction on WHAT to Implement....

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Celia Oblinger, Jan 16, 2004.

  1. Please understand that I am not asking HOW to do something - but, rather, I
    just need some advise on what "technology" or method I should employ...

    The problem is this:

    I have a client for whom I am developing a web site with ASP.NET. The client
    is a bank -
    therefore, the entire site will be secure (SSL).

    The banks' customers will be entering account number information to the
    site - and we will be storing all inputs into a SQL Server database. The SQL
    Server database resides on one of OUR servers.

    The bank client then wants to periodically download, on demand, the
    information that its customers have entered. (And the bank wants to download
    the information entered in Excel spreadsheet format.)

    I need to determine how I am going to get the entered information from our
    ASP.NET server to our SQL Server database in a format that will be
    unreadable to us (me, my company).

    Likewise, I need to make the information available to the bank to download
    in a format that they CAN read.

    Where do I start????

    I am an experienced, MCSD.NET certified developer - and I can implement
    anything.

    I just need to know where to begin.

    Many thanks for your assistance!

    ~ Celia ~

    Celia Oblinger, Jan 16, 2004

  2. It sounds like WSE may be of use to you in this situation, for passing
    around data that should be able to be decrypted only by certain parties
    along the path.
    Here's more info:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/webservices/building/wse/default.aspx

    Here's information on exporting to Excel format:
    http://www.aspnetpro.com/NewsletterArticle/2003/09/asp200309so_l/asp200309so_l.asp

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP