Need Direction on WHAT to Implement....

Celia Oblinger

Please understand that I am not asking HOW to do something - but, rather, I
just need some advise on what "technology" or method I should employ...

The problem is this:

I have a client for whom I am developing a web site with ASP.NET. The client
is a bank -
therefore, the entire site will be secure (SSL).

The banks' customers will be entering account number information to the
site - and we will be storing all inputs into a SQL Server database. The SQL
Server database resides on one of OUR servers.

The bank client then wants to periodically download, on demand, the
information that its customers have entered. (And the bank wants to download
the information entered in Excel spreadsheet format.)

I need to determine how I am going to get the entered information from our
ASP.NET server to our SQL Server database in a format that will be
unreadable to us (me, my company).

Likewise, I need to make the information available to the bank to download
in a format that they CAN read.

Where do I start????

I am an experienced, MCSD.NET certified developer - and I can implement
anything.

I just need to know where to begin.

Many thanks for your assistance!

~ Celia ~