Need Emulation for Nixdorf BA80 in Java

Oliver Hoehle

Hello!

I need to emulate a Nixdorf BA80 terminal from within my Java
application.

There is a emulation for accessing IBM 3270-hosts from
Java(http://h3270.sourceforge.net), but i could not find any similar
product for BA80...

Can anybody help?

If at least someone could send me the specs for the BA80 protocol I
would try to do the job myself...

Regards
Oliver

Richard S. Shuford

Oliver Hoehle <ohoehle*hotmail.com> wrote:

| I need to emulate a Nixdorf BA80 terminal from within my Java
| application. There is a emulation for accessing IBM 3270-hosts from
| Java (http://h3270.sourceforge.net), but i could not find any similar
| product for BA80...
| Can anybody help?
| If at least someone could send me the specs for the BA80 protocol
| I would try to do the job myself...

Hi, Oliver:

The Nixdorf BA80 terminal is rarely seen in most parts of the world,
so there are not as many options as for some other terminal types.

Trying to write your own emulation is a bigger task than you think;
you will get your job done quicker if you can build on software
components from some existing supplier.

I maintain a listing of terminal-emulation programs and related
software (such as screen-scraper components, which would help you):

http://www.cs.utk.edu/~shuford/terminal/pc_emulation.html

The closest fit to your requirements might be

Intra-Sys "HostBean SDK"
http://www.intra-sys.de/
http://www.intra-sys.de/index.php?action=content&do=show&id=68

Also worth investigation: