Need encryption class to printable ascii

Jim

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find a class that will perform encryption
resulting in cipher text consisting of only ascii printable
characters? I've found plenty of classes using DES, RSA, AES, etc.,
etc.

TIA, Jim

Dale King

Jim said:
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find a class that will perform encryption
resulting in cipher text consisting of only ascii printable
characters? I've found plenty of classes using DES, RSA, AES, etc.,
etc.

Generally, you would handle that separately from the encryption by
converting the raw binary data to an ASCII only version by either converting
the bytes to hexadecimal or by using BASE64 encoding. See:

http://www.freesoft.org/CIE/RFC/1521/7.htm
http://iharder.sourceforge.net/base64/

Lee Fesperman

nos said:
same answer i gave you on comp.lang.java

comp.lang.java is no longer a valid newsgroup. Many servers don't carry it.

Please don't top-post. This is usenet, not email.